- Start by going to: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/medicalmarijuana to print ofdthe license application
- Fill out the Application form completely and neatly.
- Make sure you specify if you are a “New” applicant or a “Renewal” applicant.
- If you are a renewal applicant, send your application 45 – 60 days before your current Red Card expires.
Approved Conditions With Doctors Permission
- Persistent muscle spasms
- Severe nausea
- Severe pain
-Let your doctor know what is troubling you and that Medical Marijuana has been an effective treatment for you. Make sure to get a completed "Physicians Certification Form" before you go!
-Most doctors can help you fill out your Medical Marijuana License Application form as well, so don't be afraid to ask!
Here is what your complete application should include:
- A completed, signed and notarized application form
- Physician’s Certification Form signed by your doctor at the time of your evaluation
- Copy of your identification
- A copy of your Colorado driver’s license or state ID -or- A copy of your out-of-state driver’s license or state ID, and proof of residency such as a pay stub or utility bill. -Application Fee -or- Fee Waiver/Tax Exempt Status Form
- Cash and temporary checks are not accepted for the fee, write a check or money order payable to CDPHE for the amount of $15.00. Include the patient’s name on the form of payment.
(If you are submitting a Fee Waiver/Tax Exempt Status Form , also send a certified copy of your most recent Colorado tax return)
If you are mailing your application, send it via certified mail to this address:
CPHDE HSV – 8608 4300 Cherry Creek Drive South Denver, CO 80246 – 1530
*If you are dropping off your application go to the southeast entrance of Building C at the Colorado Department of Public Health
Monday – Friday from 7:00a – 6:00p. The box is located inside the first set of glass doors.
The address of the location is 710 S. Ash Street, Denver, CO 80246-1530
Please note: Forms must be sent within 60 days of your Physician’s Exam
-The notary may not be the caregiver, patient’s physician or person signing the form of payment. We recommend using your local bank for a notary.
- Make sure that the date of the signature and the date of the notary are the same.
Please Note: Forms must be submitted within 10 days of notary’s signature.