How old do I have to be to purchase marijuana in Colorado?
• Answer - You must be 21 and older to buy, possess or use recreational marijuana. Medical Marijuana Patients can be under this age restriction with a doctors and parents approval.
What is the difference between medical and recreational marijuana?
• Answer -Only licensed recreational marijuana stores may sell recreational marijuana, and only to those 21 and older. Medical marijuana requires a state red card, which can only be obtained by Colorado residents with a recommendation from a doctor that a patient suffers from a medical condition that may benefit from medical marijuana. Medical marijuana patients can obtain marijuana from a Medical Marijuana Dispensary, a primary care giver or they can grow for themselves.
Can I smoke marijuana in public? Where am I allowed to smoke?
• Answer -No, it is illegal to smoke marijuana in public including places such as schools, amusement/sporting/music venues, parks, playgrounds, sidewalks or on the roads. It is also illegal to smoke in other public places like bars, restaurants and common areas in buildings. Marijuana is intended for private, personal use. It is only legal in certain locations not open or accessible to the public.
Can I consume marijuana inside a smoke-friendly hotel room or on a hotel balcony?
• Answer - It is up to the discretion of the hotel if it allows marijuana in their smoking rooms. You should ask the hotel if they allow it. Denver city laws prohibit marijuana consumption on hotel balconies if visible from any public place.
Can I carry marijuana in my car?
• Answer - Yes. Marijuana may be carried in cars but it may not be in an open container and cannot cross state boundaries. Be aware that it is illegal to smoke or eat marijuana in a car and it is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana.
Are the rules different for edibles than they are for smoking marijuana?
• Answer -No. Possession laws are the same for all retail marijuana types, and public consumption is always illegal, regardless of form.
How much marijuana can I have on me?
• Answer - Adults 21 and older are allowed to possess up to 1 ounce of recreational marijuana, and 2 ounces with a red card, (or more dependent on their doctors recommendations.)
How much marijuana can I purchase at one time?
• Answer -Colorado residents and out of State visitors 21 and older can purchase up to 1 ounce of recreational marijuana at a time, 2(+) ounces with a Colorado red card (at a medical marijuana dispensary).
Is there a DUI-like equivalent for driving under the influence of marijuana?
• Answer - Yes. It is illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana and it can result in a DUI, just like alcohol. Anyone with 5 nanograms or more of THC per milliliter in whole blood while driving can be arrested for DUI.
What are some of the benefits to consuming marijuana?
What are the negative effects from marijuana?